Monday, June 23, 2008

Don't Hate Me

I'm not trying to brag here, but I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE summer! Last night I started to think, "Gosh, I can't believe the weekend is almost over" when suddenly I realized, it doesn't matter! Sunday, Tuesday, Friday, Thursday--they're all the same for me during the summer. We've had incredibly temperate weather here lately (knock on wood), requiring no A/C and no furnace. I could do without mosquitos the size of hummingbirds, but we just carry a bottle of repellent wherever we go. We gone for bike rides, walks, swims...it's been fantastic. And it isn't even July yet!

Speaking of going, boy did we "go" today. I added a mile to my running route today (so now I'm back to running 4 miles per outing as I was doing last fall), and then the family took the bikes to Bella's swimming lessons. We have a new trail in the area, and we were anxious to give it a try. We packed a picnic lunch so we could relax after lessons and before hitting the trail again, but the wind switched while we were lounging so we found ourselves bucking the wind on the way home as well. Wow. These 35 year old legs were struggling by the end of the journey.

Tomorrow the girls were invited for a play date, so I will be home ALONE for 2.5 hours. I'm already wondering what I should do. Wait--no, I know the things I should do. I'm wondering what things I WILL/WOULD LIKE to do (which are not at all the same as the things I should do, of course). Hmmm, this is going to require some careful thought.

No comments: