Monday, May 26, 2008

Look Out! Here I Come Again!

This will be the first time I've posted in two consecutive days. Exciting! We had our first really warm, sunny day today--and for a holiday, too. We got a lot of sun, the girls ran through the sprinkler, we had our first S'mores of the season, and enjoyed a BBQ with my brother and his family.

Living just 3 miles west of Lake Michigan, we often have odd "weather events" chalked up to lake effect. Tonight was a perfect example. We were sitting around the campfire at my brother's house when suddenly the wind switched to an east wind, and the frigid breeze that came in (from the lake) had us bolting for the house. I don't have any stats, but I doubt it's an exaggeration to say the air temperature dropped 20 degrees in a matter of 20 minutes.

So now it's back to critiquing research papers. Why the hell did I choose English education?

3 comments:

I Need A Drink! said...

YAYYYYY...it's about time!

I'm so glad you're back! Your girls are gorgeous!! Now, don't leave me hangin' again!!

Missed you,

K

Ellen said...

You are back!!! I am so happy to see you posting Tam! Your girls are so pretty and it sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! Good to see you!
H

Ellen said...

Tam, it is so good to see you! I am so happy you are posting. It sounds like you are so busy! I cannot wait to see some pics of your upcoming trip! Your girls are so pretty!